How yous guys doin’?!
Yesterday I got back from an amazing trip to The Big Apple, so I’m still in a New York State of mind. I went to visit one of my best friends, Tara, for her 21st birthday, and it was a blast. She is the one who got me into the blogging scene through her awesome travel blog! If you’re into beautiful pictures and fun adventures, check it out here!
Since it was my first trip to the city, we did a lot of sightseeing and even more celebrating. I took at least 1 million pictures, but here are a few of my favorites!
So after a whirlwind weekend, I came home and had the urge to make something sweet…what’s new? There’s been a meringue cookie in the back of my mind that I’ve been wanting to try out so I thought today would be perfect! I love meringue cookies because they are so light and sweet…and surprisingly easy to make!
My favorite flavor combination in the world is chocolate and cinnamon, so that makes these a winner in my book! I also love the light texture of these cookies, they literally melt in your mouth.
check out those peaks.
Chocolate Cinnamon Meringue Cookies
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 1/2 oz of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 235° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Separate the egg whites and place them in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Beat with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes, or until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until incorporated into the egg whites.
- Keep beating for 1-2 minutes until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Sift the cocoa powder and cinnamon over and add the vanilla extract. Gently fold into the mixture.
- Pipe heaped teaspoons onto the baking sheets and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove and allow to cool on the baking sheets.